Tuesday 17 February 2009

My interview with Cheryl

I had the great opportunity to interview Mr. Hanks. You can read my review below.

I want to thank you for letting me interview you.

Thank you too for having me here, Cheryl.

Please tell everyone about yourself? Also please share something about yourself that people would be surprised to learn about.

Nice question, sincerely, I’m a guy down to earth. I’m a pleasant person, I like listening to people of all kinds. Becoming a published author was one of my resolutions I made at the beginning of last year, after realizing that I had a plenty of catchy stories which the world would like to read.I have a full time job, I read daily as writer and writing is something I love doing apart from my hr career.

What is it like living in Dubai?

Dubai is such an amazing multicultural city and it has become so, in unimaginable period. It’s a dynamic place with wonderful people from all corners of the world; I love the place as continues to develop predominantly among many other Middle Eastern cities.

Do you have any type of routine when you’re writing?

Honestly yes, writing daily is a must to me except on the weekends. I always write late in the nights and some few mornings on my day off’s. But I prefer writing late at night because it’s more convenient to me at the moment.
Writing in the morning would be great, if I was writing full time. But some days I get dilemma in deciding what to do first between writing and answering emails of which some may be requiring urgent attention.
Anyway, I will deal with it when I start writing full time.


What is your favorite food to eat?

Oh gosh!!! My favorite food? Butter chicken with rice and French fries makes a good meal for me, if you’re to invite me for lunch.

How did you come up with the concept for Save the Best for Last?



On this, I must concede that the concept of Save the best for last was a day dream I had one afternoon when I was lying reluctantly on my bed. I remember everything was just visually crazy in making before I grab a key board on to my lap. So, as a person who loved writing and the fact that I’m a creative writing student, I knew this was a novel event. From that day, I decided to put it in writing as visual aspects continued to unfold endlessly until now.

One of the main characters in the book is named Zwick. I am curious how you came up with this name?


Well, his name is a bit exotic, I admit that. But Zwick is one of the most popular male names used in green oasis, a fantasy town. I didn’t have to use my neighbors’ names or look for a baby names book to get the name of my hero. As a fantasy author, hopefully the next “Stephen King” I thought it was important for me to sit, think and see how my work would stand unique from other works. But Zwick is just a name out of my imaginations.


How did you react to the news, when you heard that your novel, Save the Best for Last was going to be published by Raider Publishing International?


It was on my birthday when I received a call, that my manuscript had been accepted. It was the greatest surprise I got on my 21st birthday. I jumped up with joy to an extent of mashing my friend’s foot.

What else do readers have to look forward to from you?


A sequel to save the best for last is on the way. I also have two single title books in editing process; hopefully they will be available for my readers in a near future.
I’m also tempted to say that, we have received two movie proposals for save the best for last. But I can’t disclose more that at this moment.

What is the one piece of advice you want to give readers?


Definitely, I advise my readers. Never rush to get things done for no good reason and always stand up for what you believe in…even if it means standing alone.I also recommend you to read my book, save the best for last to readers.

Thank you again for allowing me this interview. I appreciate it.

It has been a privilege to me.



Thanks for reading it,


---


kim

No comments:

Post a Comment